Wrong old password

May 7, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Hi,
I successfully installed the web part, but when i go to change my password i get an error saying wrong old password.
now i know its the right old password cuz i use the clear text option and copy and paste from when i authenticate into sharepoint.
is there somethign im leaving out from configuring the web part?
May 19, 2009 at 3:51 AM

How to? I have the same

May 19, 2009 at 12:27 PM

check your password requirements, my password requirements wouldnt allow me to change my password within the first 24 hours.

Jun 23, 2009 at 8:12 PM

I am also having this problem.  I've checked my password requirements and everything seems to be setup appropriately.  However, I have yet to successfully change a users password using this webpart.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jun 26, 2009 at 12:55 AM

Has anyone got this to work?  I am in a domain environment and have no password requirement issues, but I also get the "Wrong Old Password" error.  Please help.  Thanks

Jul 3, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Yup me as well. Sorry can't figure out what is wrong.   Does anyone have any ideas. .... . . . .

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:21 PM

Now I don't know the first thing about sharepoint, only installed it 4 days ago :)

But I figured out how to make it work for my simple sharepoint setup on a home server, which is just a single server running without any AD.

If you look at the code, the error message cannot possibly have anything to do with your password being wrong, as that case is catched elsewhere. But changing the file line of code

PrincipalContext ctx = new PrincipalContext(ContextType.Domain);

to

It work                           PrincipalContext ctx = new PrincipalContext(ContextType.Machine);If 

PrincipalContext ctx = new PrincipalContext(ContextType.Machine);

It works! At least on my setup :)

Hope it helps

Allan

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:54 AM

I am new at the looking at code.  How do I look at the code and also edit the code?

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:32 AM

Hi Grawing,

You should be running windows server 2003/2008 (I did it using a virtual machine), install visual studio 2008 + sharepoint tools, which you can grab here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7BF65B28-06E2-4E87-9BAD-086E32185E68&displaylang=en

Then you should be able to open the project and build the code.

Allan

Dec 1, 2009 at 2:54 PM

The suggested fix from xorandor did not work for me. I still get "Wrong old password", but I know it's correct because I just logged in with it.

Guy

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I had someone ask me, if I had the compiled code, that I describe above. Since I still had the dev environment, I've recompiled it, and put it into my dropbox.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3968487/UserChangePassword.zip

Hope it helps :)

Allan

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Hey xorandor, I used your compiled code and I am getting a new error

Any thoughts?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at UserChangePassword.UserChangePassword.<_submitButton_Click>b__0()

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Hi Matthew,

Did you deploy it using the setup.bat with proper commands?

Also, don't you get more of a stack trace to better locate the line where the exception is thrown?